Your horoscope sign chart offers your life forecast at a glance.
How Horoscope Sign Charts are Organized
Here is a basic description of the division of a horoscope sign chart:
- Charts are designed in the shape of a wheel that is divided by 30 degree angles to into the 12 signs of the zodiac. The animals that represent the Zodiac symbol (a lion for Leo and scale for Libra, etc.,) are located around the outer edge of the circle.
- The wheel is then divided at 90-degree angles. These angles form the four main groups: Ascendant, Descendant, Midheaven or Nadir.
- Three zodiac signs naturally fall into the Ascendant, Descendant, Midheaven or Nadir angles, and these are referred to as cusp houses.
Here is a brief introduction to the horoscope sign chart angles.
An ascendant angle is named as such because it denotes which sign in the Zodiac was on the rise at the precise moment you were born. This “Rising Sign” rules over your personality characteristics and influences:
- Your overall outlook on life
- Outward appearance
- How others perceive you
- How you see yourself
A descendant angle is named as such because it denotes which sign of the Zodiac was descending or setting at the time of your birth. Your Descendant angle dictates the way in which you interact with other people and is often referred to as the “house of partnerships and marriage”.
The Midheaven angle is located at the top of the zodiac wheel. The Midheaven denotes the highest point that the sun reached on the day you were born. Your Midheaven angle at the time you were born dictates your public persona, your achievements and your goals.
The Nadir angle is located at the bottom of the zodiac wheel and denotes how you will go about obtaining security throughout your life.
The planets also play a prominent role in your birth chart. Every sign has a “ruling planet” and each planet has a distinct energy.
- Sun: This energy is the essence of your life spirit.
- Moon: This energy governs your emotions and instincts.
- Personal Planets
- Mercury: This energy relates to your communications skills and intelligence.
- Venus: This energy relates to issues about love, money and possessions.
- Mars: This energy governs ego, courage and all forms of physical energy.
- Social Planets
- Jupiter: This energy pertains to matters of luck, wisdom and growth.
- Saturn: This energy governs responsibilities, perseverance and self-discipline.
- Transpersonal Planets
- Uranus: This energy is about sudden changes and liberation.
- Neptune: This energy relates to spirituality, intuition and idealism.
- Pluto: This energy is about power and transformation.
You’ll also see symbols called nodes on at opposite sides of the chart.
South node: This symbol looks like a horseshoe with the open end pointed upward. Its placement represents your past and the lessons you’ve already learned.
North node: This symbol looks like a horseshoe with the open end pointed downward. Its placement represents your future opportunities for greatest growth and potential.
Like the signs of the zodiac, there are 12 houses with symbols located just inside of the outer ring of the zodiac wheel.
- First house: This house is located in the Ascendant angle and is referred to as the “House of Self” because it the house that defines your main personality characteristics.
- Second house: This house is located next to the First House, moving counter-clockwise and is also in the Ascendant angle. The Second House is referred to as “The House of Possessions” because it defines how you value not only your physical possessions, but also how you value your relationships and yourself.
- Third house: The final house in the Ascendant angle, the Third house is referred to as “The House of Communication” because it defines the ways in which we communicate with others.
- Fourth house: This is the first house in the Nadir angle and is referred to “The House of Home” because it defines your concepts of home and family.
- Fifth house: This is the second house in the Nadir angle and is referred to as “The House of Pleasure because it dictates how you define and receive pleasure. This house is also the ruler of creativity and romance.
- Sixth house: This is the final house in the Nadir angle and is referred to as “The House of Health” because it dictates how you cope with life’s up’s and downs. The Sixth House also rules over your work life.
- Seventh house: This house is the first house in the Descendant Angle and is referred to as “The House of Partnerships” because it defines how you behave in relationships.
- Eighth house: This house is referred to as “The House of Sex” because it defines your sexuality. Not only that, but it also dictates your views on death.
- Ninth house: This is the final house in the Descendant Angle and is referred to as “The House of Philosophy” because it defines how you comprehend the world around you and your attitude and beliefs regarding education.
- Tenth house: This is the first house in the Midheaven Angle and is referred to as “The House of Social Status” because it defines how you view your achievement throughout your life.
- Eleventh house: The second house in the Midheaven Angle is referred to as “The House of Friendships” and defines your relationships with your friends and those in your “social circle”.
- Twelfth house: This final house in the horoscope sign chart is located in the Midheaven angle and is referred to as “The House of the Unconscious” because it defines how you subconsciously deal with your life’s successes and failures.
Interpreting Your Chart
All the various aspects of your personal chart offer clues to your path in life. You can choose to heed them or ignore them, but your choices definitely affect your destiny, so choose wisely..